1. Questo sito utilizza i cookies. Continuando a navigare tra queste pagine acconsenti implicitamente all'uso dei cookies. Scopri di più.

Looking for a volunteer to pbem Ironman

Discussione in 'War in the Pacific: Admiral Edition' iniziata da kaptaniderya, 25 Luglio 2018.

1. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I am looking for a volunteer to try PBEM Ironman with me. I know Ironman is not PBEM-able by most people but IMHO it is the only way the Japanese actually gets a decent chance to win. I will take any side but can take IJN if you aggree.

If you want to take the dive, I will aggree to most house rules like no 4E below 6000 against Naval targets, no crossing borders without payment, no first day west coast invasion etc... I am not gamey so I will possibly aggree to all conditions in that direction.

I can do at least a turn a day upto 3 and we can use the latest edition if you wish.

I have done 5 Full PBEM since 2012, 2 japanese and 3 Allied and never left a game in half. Since noone wanted to take the plunge in the matrix forum :( I am trying my luck here in the hopes.

ps. I can also partner to write stuff for AAR if partner wishes it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kaiser85

kaiser85

Ratings:
    +592
    Hi kaptaniderya, I know few about ironmade, I guess it gives more and more to the japanese, I onestly would play a normal PBEM as I believe a skilled japanese can beat a normal allied player (as I am) even without "hepls" or diverging from the history, that why I'm asking you if you would like play a PBEM with me, no ironmade then. Plz ignore this post if you are totally on the ironmade side of course.

3. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    I can take you on as USN in a normal PBEM but problem is, no matter what you do to lose :) you will win as allies since frankly USN keep churning a carrier and month and there is no matching that no matter what.

Lets hear what the other people say and then if nothing comes up we try a compromise ? maybe something that will meet in the middle like reluctant admiral.

ps. would u like being Japanese in ironman ?

4. kaiser85

kaiser85

Ratings:
    +592
    Never played as jap, I would not know where to start with the production and stuff :) apart from that I never had the possibility to finish a pbem with the allies, which is what I would to do before being JAP.
    Regarding reluctant admiral, we can discuss about.

5. ITAK_Linus

ITAK_Linus

Ratings:
    +2.224

Vai di gioco liscio da giappo se sei un uomo ahahah

Mi prenoto per il consiglio di guerra

6. kaiser85

kaiser85

Ratings:
    +592
    Se prendi Calcutta prima di natale mi immolo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ITAK_Linus

ITAK_Linus

Ratings:
    +2.224
    @kapitani
    Allora inizia a metterti d'accordo per le HR.

Secn1 liscio eh, da veri uomini

8. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    excuses from my side as my Italian is none, I use google translator and it may miss something in translation.

What is the decision then ? Frankly, playing as Japanese in Ironman would be a good opposition ?

I tend to be a bit aggressive as Japan as my mistake so it would be fine for me but at the end it is all about fortunes of war ( or the digital dice here )

I is also possible that we can do a team game ? I can have part of the allies / or IJN COmmander responsible for some fleets ? etc.. it will take long time to setup but it can be lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ITAK_Linus

ITAK_Linus

Ratings:
    +2.224

Yeah sorry for the Italian speaking discussion.

Well, I am trying to convince Kaiser85 to play a Scen1 with SL as Japan and promising to help him in Japanese economy startup.

Currently, my main reason is "you are a real man if you do that". He's bargaining however ahahahah

By the way, which is your timezone?

10. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    My apologies since this is an Italian forum and I am not unfortunately a speaker.

Frankly, In Ironman Japan is "almost" as powerful judging by the inventory and certainly the Allied player will have nightmares up until 1943 if not careful even until '44. It is always my dream to play the Japanese in this as possibly this is the only way I can play my opening variant to the fullest.

But then again, USN will at least gain parity through force of arms.

Unless u can force 2 or 3 Lepanto's on the USN...

11. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    I am in SF , USA. 10 hours reverse but can do 1 to 3 turns a day... Opening turns will be slow

12. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    btw - Is SL the Ironman Scenario ?

13. ITAK_Linus

ITAK_Linus

Ratings:
    +2.224
    I definitely can't add another game to my current one.

And I'm more on the 'Scen1' side of the story: I prefer to horribly lose as Jap but playing from the historical base than having fantasy scenarios.

I guess you'll find someone else who is currently free.

I discovered to be weirdly monogamous regarding witpae

SL = Stacking Limits

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    yep - I am making plans to goto the other side of the coast to see my former "enemy" and have a little drink.

I dont know - I guess this is a good deal for any japanese player.

as for real life scenarios , they always end around '43 really. There is no fuel to support a japan until '45 and I am not even considering material losses.

15. ITAK_Linus

ITAK_Linus

Ratings:
    +2.224
    Hell, that's definitely false.

There is sufficient fuel. There is space to get well into '45 as many PBEMs show.

Real issue for Japan is represented by supply usage, but a well-planned campaign can partially overcome it either through increasing the intake or minimizing expenses.

In most of the ahistorical scenarios Japan has a totally illogic and artificial build up. Personally I prefer to lose as Japan than to win (draw?) as another imagined nation. Some changes, such RA ones, can be acceptable to me but, still, I don't see the need of them.

Basically if you wanna play a balanced game and actually win it, you play the Allies.

16. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    There is enough fuel only if you follow the historical path in which Japan was unwise to start the war. It is just a matter of rhetorical to debate so I will pass that one regards to its validity etc.

I solemnly disagree about the what-ifs, after all they are variants. As for me, I would prefer to play a historical "not-gamey game" in one of those and enjoy.

Dont get me wrong I also played historicals a lot but after a while, I can even predict when the Japanese will start crumbling. maybe I need a better oppoennt that I have seen so far. But still it breaks my heart to see those brave japanese pilots to start falling out of the skies after 43 against the hellcats.

So - I am just dying here to get a volunteer to try this one out... been without a Pbem for sometime now and my hands are shaking with withdrawal symptoms.

17. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    Heh - If I knew how to do it I would even put some Gorizia classes into the Ironman :) Japanese can certainly use some heavy cruisers

18. kaptaniderya

kaptaniderya

Ratings:
    +2
    @kaiser85 @ITAK_Linus It appears noone is doing a Ironman... anyone of you guys interested in a MOD like reluctant admiral

Condividi questa Pagina